The Collective Access Screen-dance Residency is seeking note-takers for different roles. It is a very part-time contract, with online meetings on Zoom. The cross-disability project is facilitated by the InterdepenDance Collective. (Link for an overview of the project.)
There are multiple note-taking roles available. When you apply, please let us know which role/s you are available for (applicants may apply for more than one role).
- Note-taker for Wednesdays 1:30 to 3:30 PM PST creative pod on a weekly basis starting in late November, with possibility of continuing until March. The group is majority BIPOC would appreciate a note-taker with some shared lived experience. (This pod has captioners.)
- Back-up note-taker for Tuesday creative pod, on some Tuesdays from 2 PM to around 3:30 PM PST. There may be additional access support roles available for this pod. (This pod uses auto-transcription.)
- Note-taker once a month for a workshop on a Monday from 1:30 to 3:30 PM PST (exact weeks to be determined. Workshops have captioners, ASL interpretation, and audio description.)
- Occasional note-taking; supporting artists editing documents or forms (as needed, with flexible timing, around once a month.)
What is involved:
- type notes on Google-documents, using the accessible document styles for the group (size of font, contrast, etc.).
- summarize ideas discussed and group decisions.
- contact a facilitator if you cannot attend a session.
- maintain confidentiality of documents and meeting content.
- if you haven’t been a note-taker before, an orientation is available.
- invoice once a month (invoice template is available).
The role is paid at $30 Canadian per hour. Payment is once per month by E-transfer.
Please fill in this Note-taking Application google-form
Or contact Joanne@CreativeMoment.im for other format options.
Roles are open until filled. For roles that begin soon, the InterdepenDance Collective will begin offering roles in early November. After all roles have been filled the application form will be closed to new responses.
Thank-you for your application!