- Abilities Dance Class on Fridays online through ConnecTra: free, biweekly from October to December 2022, join any week!
- The Collective Access Screendance Residency began in June 2022. There may be a workshop open to more artists this autumn.
- Programs are currently being offered online and outdoors, because people can transmit the omicron variant indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- In solidarity with dancers and community members who are immune-compromised, at high risk for severe COVID-19 or Long Covid, and/or have health conditions that mean they cannot safely be vaccinated, we are focused on online offerings.
- When in-person programs resume, the COVID-19 Safety Plan for Creative Momentum will be updated according to the latest guidance.
Would you like to explore movement in a supportive setting, laugh and dust off some stress? Do you know of a group who would enjoy being active and creative together, either online or outdoors?
Creative Momentum facilitates dance for well-being and building community, for ages 4 to 100+, in the homelands of the Lekwungen, Xwsepsum and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples, as well as online during the pandemic.
You are warmly invited to join opportunities to dance. There is a list of upcoming events and groups at the top of this home page.
No prior dance experience is needed, and there is no “wrong” way to move in these sessions.
Sessions include a variety of activities for moving in new ways, releasing tension, connecting and having fun.
We work in collaboration with a dozen communities. For examples of where we work see the organizations page. We also organize workshops for artists in partnership with the InterdepenDance Collective.
Programs are available for groups of all sorts, including: Dancing for Wellbeing custom sessions with adults and youth of all abilities, Dance for Brain Health and Move to Music with older adults.
If you are curious and would like to receive updates about opportunities to dance – even if right now is not the right time for you to try a session – feel free to sign up for the newsletter or updates lists on the contact page.
Thank-you for stopping by this website. Feel free to be in touch if you have any questions, feedback or ideas.
visiting in the homelands of the Lək̓ʷəŋən and Xwsepsum Peoples, and Songhees and Esquimalt Nations, which is also known as Victoria, BC