- Dancing for Well-Being workshop June 2nd, part of Still, Life: A Digital Festival.
- Input is invited into upcoming online sessions.
- Dance artists on the south island are invited to a gathering in June.
- The Disability Justice Arts learning collective is meeting online once a month.
- Please note that due to the pandemic, in-person programs are on pause.
- Workshops with guest artists have been postponed until the Fall.
- The All Abilities Dance Group has been postponed until Spring 2021.
Would you like to explore movement in a supportive setting, laugh and dust off some stress? Do you know of a group who would enjoy being active and creative together?
Creative Momentum facilitates dance for well-being and building community, for ages 4 to 100+, in the homelands of the Lekwungen, Xwsepsum and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples, as well as online during the pandemic.
We work in collaboration with 15 communities. For examples of where we work see the organizations page.
You are warmly invited to join opportunities to dance. There is a list of upcoming events and groups at the top of this home page.
No prior dance experience is needed, and there is no “wrong” way to move in these sessions.
As well, programs are available for groups of all sorts, including: Dancing for Wellbeing custom sessions with adults and youth of all abilities, Dance for Brain Health and Move to Music with older adults, and Dance Games for all ages.
Sessions include a variety of activities for moving in new ways, releasing tension, connecting and having fun. Participants say that the sessions have helped them shift out of feeling stuck, stiff, lonely, and shy.
If you are curious and would like to receive updates about opportunities to dance – even if right now is not the right time for you to try a session – feel free to sign up for the newsletter or updates list:
Initiatives that are in collaboration with colleagues include: islands network for collaborative dance connecting community dance practitioners in the region, the InterdepenDance Collective, and Disability Justice Arts learning collective. We are grateful for project supporters and funders.
Thank-you for stopping by this website. Feel free to be in touch if you have any questions, feedback or ideas.